Friday, April 30, 2004

A few notes/thoughts/laughs to start the weekend off:

The repair man that fixed our washer last week - he's from Scotland..not just ancestry..he was actually born there. Coincidence? I think not. A good omen.

Mom & Jim's car insurance agent...OK..this is just too funny, but his name is Dark Carr (seriously)!!!!

Today marks the first day of lobster fishing season on PEI. For all those crustacean lovers out there..your beady eyed dinner will soon be on the plate. As for me, well I'm just not keen on breaking apart the body of my dinner, sucking on the legs or wearing a bib. Steak or haddock on my plate please!

This is the first weekend that Peake's Quay is open. It is a sad commmentary on the absolute lack of clubbing/pubbing scene on PEI when everybody gets excited by this annual event. OK..admittedly it is better than Myron's..but what isn't better than Myron's? Staying home is better than Myron's...going lobster fishing at 4.00 am is better than Myron's... Don't get me wrong, I like Peake's Quay well enough..I just don't like the tiny dance floor or the fact that you have to pay an arm & a leg to get into the place. A place like Peake's could only get away with charging so much cover in a place like Charlottetown where desperation runs high and alternatives are extremely limited... Maybe its time to check out those botlegging establishments everyone is so fond of....

Summer weather is finally here..not that summer is even close to officially beginning, but the sun is shining bright and the temp is supposed to reach 17 degrees today..so a little taste of what's to come. Hmm..this begs the question..what the heck am I doing inside when I am lucky enough (i.e unemployed) to be able to enjoy the day. On that note, maybe I should sign off and go suntan..

No comments: