Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday yet again?!?! Where did the week go? Right, so the sun is shining in this crazy city and I'm sitting at my desk, trying to resist the cakes and peanut butter cookies (yes, yes..it was me who baked tehm!) by chewing on sugar-free Tesco gum. TGIF adn only 3 hours left.

ANyway, today I've decided to by psychological (note: not pyschotic) and revisit the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator Types. Back in December I became rather.,.,er..obsessed with this personality test. I suppose the fact that my results were bang on slightly unnerved me, but I think I was namely interested in understanding the various personalities of others and how relations are affected by the mixing of personalities. All very interesting to me, probably not to some others. Funnily enough, a person's interest and belief in things such as personality tests is a reflection of their personality. Some people are a bit more skeptical ..they need scientific proof or something like that. The fact that it makes sense is enough for me to believe in its validity

Anyway, I found a pretty good website that offers a Myers-Brigg like test (the realthing costs mucho $$) and insight into each personality. For the record, I am an ENFJ (apparently a rather rare type) . I've taken this test via a few different sources and always come out the same. Go figure. There are a few traits I'd disgaree with, but on the whole it's me in a nutshell.

If you want to check out the site/do the test, here's the link:

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Well, that's it from Psychology 101 Shannon-style today! I'm off to eat some cakes (oh please..like the gum could ever be a satisfactory substitute!).



No comments: