Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Righto..so I should be wrapping presents right now, or having a shower since I jus finished working out..or, well, doing something mildy productive in any matter..given that I've kind of 'wasted' a lot of my time home doing one or a combination of the following things: Sleeping, emailing & crying/trying not to cry. Right, so on that note - Yah! Happy Happy Christmas!!

LAst night was my fav night home so far because I got to see so many fabulous, interesting and wonderful people all in one place at one time...and I organised the get-together (surprise!!). Many of those in attendance had, at one time or another, lived and worked abroad...a number of them in Scotland! There was also a bonafide Irish bloke there....I've decided that, in fairness to John & Janet, I will not make any blanket statements about Irish gents over the age of 30. I will, however, continue to make horribly generalised statements about those under the age of thirty, seeing as how I've encountered a representative sample of the lot.....but,I digress, it is, after all Christmas....

OK..so here's something I ripped off Jen's blog, because I am too unoriginal at the moment to come up with a witty blog post:

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. What does it say? "which the story ends"
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? Teh computer desk shelf..
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? I have watched about 1 hour of tv since I arriving home over two weeks ago. Sadly I watched daytime TLC, meaning 'Perfect Proposal' followed by 'Finding the Right Wedding Dress' Blech.
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, can you guess what the time is? 12.20PM
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time? 12.24PM
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Music - 'Band on the Run' is playing at the moment
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? When I got out of Keri's van last night. I was getting home from the get-together of fabulous people.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at? Jen MacPhail's blog, because it usually gives me a good laugh.
9. What are you wearing? A Sports bra and track pants. I juts finshed an hour workout
10. Did you dream last night? Yes, something about havinga weird gopher like animal in the attic. MOm put some plastiv up to keep it from getting out, but it turns out the gopher is Smudgee's best friend so the poor cat wasn't happy and neither was the gopher, which had really ppink and very big ears.
11. When did you last laugh? Last night..continuously...most of all when Ernie was telling tales of how he stepped in something the family's puppy had left on the floor.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? A calendar and a picture...and not-so-pretty wallpaper..
13. Seen anything weird lately? Two rather nice-looking men working at the restaurant we were at last night. Believe me that is a weird sight on PEI!!
14. What do you think of this quiz? I didn't realise it was a quiz..I hope there is a prize.
15. What is the last film you saw? Ocean's 12.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? Round the world plane tickets for myself and any friend/family member who wants to travel the world.
17. Can you tell something about you that no one knows? I could, but I choose not to.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? I'd make it compulsory for anyone in power that decides they are going to invade a country to first visit the nation and hug every single citizen there and hear out each person's dreams & ambitions.

Or maybe I'd say - 'hey, you men have been leading the governments and business world for all time, step aside and lets see how this world works with females at the helm.' Don't get me wrong, there've been some damn fine men that have done great things in history but if you recall The Apprentice (first season)..The Women RULED when they worked exclusively with others in their gender and the men failed miserably when they worked exclusively with those of their own gender.
19. Do you like to dance? Yes, Yes Yes
20. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nut case or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years? Well, since I have ot travel throught he States on my way back to Scotland I don't want to be black-listed.Let's just say he's neither, he's a puppet. Go read 1984 and Animal Farm - the answers are thered.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Number One.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? Number One.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad? NOPE, cause if I actually considered it I probably would have got too scared or too logical and never actually done it. As it
turns out I've lived in Dublin and Edinburgh ....

No comments: