Sunday, July 08, 2007

For some reason Blogger doesn't want me to title this post. That's OK by me, I'm happy to be titleless!

So..I've been back on PEI for four whole weeks now. Wow, a whole month and I've managed not to go stir crazy. I suppose this is namely due to the fact that I've been spending all my time job-hunting, working out and looking for a place to live.

My investment in the first two has paid off brilliantly. I somehow managed to land myself a day job, as well as two contract positions doing interesting/challenging things that promise to keep my brain somewhat occupied. I've also managed to lose some weight already and am planning to keep that trend on the downward!

As for finding a place to live, well that's not quite come to fruition yet, but it will soon enough and then I'll have to face the fact that I am LIVING on PEI again. Since I first left for Ireland back in '03, I've never returned home with the intention of staying, so this is all just a little bit new and intimidating for me, but I am 100% sure that the next year will be brilliant and then, well, then we shall see what life holds in 2008. To be honest, I'm already 'kind of' planning to pack my bags and head somewhere. No idea where, but that will become clear. THen again, planning the future is never a particularly reliable thing.

Hmmm...OK, so yeah life's been mostly work, working out and working on a place to live. It's all fun and games. Last night I went out with Adam to 42nd Street Lounge. We had great conversations as usual and I tried a Baha Beach Bum, but it wasn't like I remembered. Charlottetown was eerily quiet. The rest of the summer is promising to be full of fun and visits from away - first up is Sister Sara next weekend, then Rae, then Sara & Rowan again, then Andrew, then Jimmy, then...well, who knows?!? Woohoo - summmer on PEI!

No comments: